Hyderabad, the City of Pearls, is all set to host the highly anticipated EMCON 2023. This is the 25th edition of this premium conference for emergency medicine professionals in India. Furthermore, the event is scheduled to take place from October 27-29, 2023, at the HICC Hyderabad. StudyMEDIC is looking forward to taking this opportunity with both hands and stamp its authority as a leading provider of MRCEM medical courses.
More About the Event
The conference will witness keynote speakers, workshops, panel discussions, poster presentations, and networking opportunities. Besides, it will be the ideal stage for sharing best practices, research findings, and innovations in the field of emergency medicine. The conference is bound to benefit all emergency medicine practitioners, educators, researchers, students, and allied health professionals.
A pre-conference workshop will be organized on 26th October to mark the event. It will further give the participants a scientific celebration of various research projects and hands-on sessions. Lastly, the 25th – Silver Jubilee Conference of Society for Emergency Medicine India will be celebrated with much fanfare this year.
StudyMEDIC At The Event
StudyMRCEM is the sister concern of StudyMEDIC. It offers a wide range of tailor-made courses to help MRCEM aspirants to make their professional dreams come true. In addition, we provide MRCEM courses that span over six months to revision courses lasting six weeks to two days of live circuit courses. Lastly, MRCEM Courses are designed according to the learning needs of the candidates.
The event will capture the attention of Emergency Physicians and nurses, Acute Care specialists, Anaesthesiologists, Intensivists, and healthcare professionals who are passionate about delivering Emergency/acute care. It will be an all-encompassing event for everyone from the realm of healthcare. StudyMEDIC will be an integral part of this event organised by The Society for Emergency Medicine India.
The Membership of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine or MRCEM is a three-level examination such as MRCEM Primary, MRCEM Intermediate, and MRCEM OSCE. This internationally renowned and acclaimed membership offers a wide range of benefits like career progression with NHS UK, access to resources, participation in conferences and many more. All the more, MRCEM membership will enhance one’s skills and move up in their career ladder.
If you are someone who is looking for establishing your career in emergency medicine, then this article is just for you. Keep on reading till the end and get all your doubts about MRCEM exam eligibility, application procedure, 2023 exam dates and centres, and lots more. So let’s get started.
1. Candidates with a GMC-approved medical qualification can sit or apply for MRCEM exam.
2. No previous experience in Emergency Medicine is required to sit for the MRCEM Primary Exam.
3. Candidates are advised to have Level 7 or above IELTS score.
4. The exam is in English language only.
How to apply for examinations?
1.Online Mode: All applicants should submit the duly-filled application forms online and the Royal College does not accept paper applications.
2. Payment: Payment can be done either by submitting cheque or card payments.
Things To Note While Applying!
The application is a time-consuming process and it may take longer to complete. Hence, candidates are advised to apply well in advance ahead of the deadlines.
Generally, all online applications window for each MRCEM exam opens at about 10 AM GMT and closes at 5.00PM GMT. Candidates should check out the Exam Calendar & Fees Page to get details about the opening and closing dates of the exam.
RCEM does not accept any late applications at whatsoever conditions. So, each student should submit the application within the deadline.
The Candidate should ensure that their application is duly filled and no parts of the form are unfilled. No application with incomplete information will be accepted by the Royal College.
The MRCEM Primary is a three-hour long exam consisting of 180 Single Best Answer (SBA) questions. RCEM uses Pearson VUE, a provider of computer-based testing, to electronically administer its written exams. Though no previous experience in emergency medicine is required, all overseas candidates are expected to have an IELTS score of 7 to sit for the MRCEM exams.
Similar to the MRCEM Primary Exam, the MRCEM Intermediate exam also is an SBA based test. The test consists of 180 questions which is divided into two papers of 90 questions each. Students get 2 hours each to attend the questions and there will be one hour break in between the exam.
You may find sample questions on the official website of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine. RCEM uses Pearson VUE, a provider of computer-based testing, to electronically administer its written exams.
The MRCEM OSCE, the third and final exam required for membership in the Royal College of Emergency Medicine, evaluates trainees’ clinical and communication abilities to make sure they are prepared for further education. The GMC has granted permission to the Royal College of Emergency Medicine to switch the MRCEM OSCE mark scheme from checklist marking to domain-based marking (in line with the current FRCEM OSCE examination). 16 8-minute stations make up the MRCEM OSCE, with a minute of reading time in between each station. The test includes two break stops as well.
MRCEM OSCE 2023 Exam Dates
06-17 Feb 23
12-23 Jun 23
13-24 Nov 23
24-28 Jul 23
India – Chennai
09-13 Oct 23
India – Hyderabad
13-17 Mar 23
Malaysia – Kuala Lumpur
Please take note of these upcoming exams if you’re preparing for the MRCEM exam so that you can schedule your study time and revision appropriately. Anatomy and physiology make up the majority of the marks available in the test, making it a good idea to concentrate most of your revision on these topics. The vastness of the anatomy course makes it the hardest part of the test for most applicants to understand. The path of Emergency Medicine is difficult yet rewarding. Working hard will pay off in the end.
Being an internationally accepted and renowned Membership, MRCEM exam is not that easy to crack unless you do a steady and stable preparation. Preparatory courses are useful to schedule your studies well depending on the amount of time you can spare say six months, four months, four weeks, and so on.
For MRCEM primary examination, candidates should know the basics of emergency medicine and the Royal College of Emergency Medicine or RCEM checks how well you apply your knowledge to diagnose and treat your patients. Here are a few tips for you to prepare for the exam.
1. Prepare A Timetable for Your Studies: Candidates should prepare a timetable and fix how or what portion they cover in how many days.
2. Revision Plan: Candidates should have a proper revision plan and should cover the entire syllabus in the time frame.
3. Focus on Difficult Topics: Give an extra weightage for those topics which seems to be difficult for you. You should spend some additional hours to cover all difficult topics.
4. Reading Resources: You should read more. You can find more books related to the topics and reading of those books will give you better insights.
5. Taking Mock: Mock exams will give you a better idea of what to expect in each exam. Further, taking mocks will also help you manage your time in a more effective way.
6. Seek Guidance from Mentors: You can also seek the support and guidance from mentors or somebody who has cleared the MRCEM exam. Their advices and tips can be handy at times of the exam.
7. Take Preparatory Courses: With courses, you will be able to prepare well because most of the courses are systematically arranged and structured. These courses can help you cover the entire syllabus within the prescribed time.
E-learning has been the current best educational platform for students to prepare and excel in their careers. Online education is currently flowing through swift phases and StudyMEDIC provides our followers and aspirants to utilize the best advantages of self-paced, student-centered, location-independent, and cost-effective education. StudyMEDIC provides each of the aspirants to experience a unique, extensive, and most updated e-course with reliable and validated study materials. StudyMEDIC offers e-courses with various key features of e-learning products such as the easy user interface, crispiness and reliability, comprehensiveness, structure with a wide range of materials, transparency, retention rates, and more. Our course review methodology is a periodic event organized and controlled by our R&D department. We offer.
StudyMRCOG Ecourse – MRCOG Part 1
StudyMRCOG Ecourse – MRCOG Part 2
StudyMRCOG Ecourse – MRCOG Part 3
StudyMRCOG Ecourse – MRCPI Part 2 Written
StudyMRCOG Ecourse – EFOG Part 1
StudyMRCOG Ecourse – EFOG Part 2 OSCE
StudyMEDIC follows adaptive e-learning which is a new and innovative type of e-learning, which makes it possible to adapt and redesign learning materials for each individual learner. By taking into consideration a lot of factors such as students participation and performance, requirements and goals, best user interface etc which will enable the best user friendly and informative course.
Our E – Course Features
Structured syllabus with relevant tutorials curated by our mentors covering all the domains and modules which are specially designed and curated by the best mentors’ panel.
Course structured in CBT format where you can watch the tutorials, read through the summaries, and attempt stations under every module.
High Quality Audio Podcasts with zero background interferences topic wise under every module.
Case templates provided with candidate instructions, role player instructions, examiner, and lay examiner instructions etc so that the candidate can literally enhance the station presentation skills.
High Yield Exam essential questions are being made available on completion of every module which makes your learning complete in all levels.
No limitation on accessing the course. Upon subscription you can use as many times as you need.
Scheduled Mentors support on a scheduled periodic basis.
Finest user-Friendly Interface with easy navigation tools and methodology.
Course progress visualization (Real time)
Performance monitoring and visualization on real time in every single click.
Prepare and revise with “REVISION NOTES”
Highlight the study materials enabling the best revision support.
Repeat and attempt as many times as required within the subscription period.
24*7 IT support to solve queries if any.
We are now in the verge of adopting innovating techniques for sequencing and structuring the materials to meet best suit for the students and upon completion this will be the FINEST and SUBTLE e-course ever created.
Acquainting a student is an essential and critical factor for excellence. When done right a course or a mentor should empower and encourage the students to become more confident to present their skills and knowledge without any hesitance. This the sole reason why “StudyMEDIC Mentors are the best mentors for OBS & GYN courses such as MRCOG, MRCPI, FCPS OBG EFOG- EBCOG, MRCS & FRCS. Over the past three years, as part of our forthcoming books series, Our R & D team is engaged in researching how mentors can better judge and enhance their talent in light of a changing, more purpose driven and more tech enables learning environment. Our team interviewed multiple admired leaders in different fields (culture, arts, business etc.), and the outcome which we got, helped our journey so far. Now here we stand as No 1 Online training provider & No 1 trusted brand for MRCOG, MRCPI, FCPS OBG EFOG- EBCOG, MRCS & FRCS. & EBCOG.
We as mentors unlike other are not focused on creating followers for our brand or our names, we are more attentive on delivering courses in different styles, patterns to create the leaders for tomorrow in OBS&GYN community. We follow the below best mentoring techniques which we had gained through research and series of discussions.
1. Creating a family like environment As far as we are concerned, we are not believed in delivering the courses as a “READ & UNDERSTAND” method instead of something family relationship authentic concept. In order to make interactive courses, we think it is vital to develop a baseline chemistry between the mentors and mentee. On a final note, rapport is essential for us to deliver our concept to the students.
2. Focusing on multiple diversities within the student Generally, some of the mentors believe that mentoring is just a job but for us its more of a commitment, responsibility and sacrifice to learn more about each student which include their character, value, skills, empathy, etc. On a long journey with us, we intend to understand the minds of each students then only we can push them beyond their capabilities.
3. Positive Approach and not being cynics Students come to us with a lot of belief and unrealistic ambitions. As a mentor what we prefer is to provide them more energy to pursue those ambitions than going more realistically to deteriorate their belief. It’s been said that the world prefers conventional failure over unconventional success; We as mentors should encourage exploration of the latter.
4. Be Loyal to the profession Mentoring is one method of leadership and it is a duty and service to others which shall be delivered with highest gratitude. The best way to inspire commitment is to be fully and selflessly committed to the best interests of the students. Bring in the same kind of attentions as a friend, family member for the student then learning will become easier. This is our experience!!!
At its highest level, mentorship is about being “good people” and having the right “good people” around us. Our legacy is to transform our students to be a better clinician with accreditations and certifications.